Do you have the marketing documents you need to be successful in today’s job search? A professional resume writer can make the difference between being selected for an interview and being overlooked.
Why Hire a Professional Resume Writer?
A professional resume writer can provide you with the documents you need to be successful in today’s job search. You will not be competitive with a descriptive resume; you need marketing tools that are targeted, results-oriented, and Applicant Tracking System (ATS) optimized. If you are a good writer, you may think you have the skills to write a great resume. Here’s what I found:
I had worked in career services for more than 20 years and did not know how to write a great resume until I received my resume-writing credential (ACRW). In a nutshell: I didn’t know what I didn’t know.
There are lots of resume writers out there, and the fees they charge vary widely. Check carefully before you make your decision. Just as with most things, you get what you pay for, and that company advertising a $199 resume is much like buying a new car for $6,000. If it seems too good to be true... it probably is.
Think of it this way: A resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile written by a qualified resume writer is an investment in your future earnings.
Also consider this: If you are seeking a salary of $50,000 per year, then your unemployment is costing you approximately $192 per day. So if that professionally written resume shortens your job search by just one week, you’ll have more than made your money back.
What if you are employed, but thinking of a change?
Professionally written marketing documents are just as important for you. For example, if you are currently earning $75,000 per year, your next career move should be at a salary increase of at least 15%, or at least $81,250.
You can recoup your investment in a professional marketing package including a resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile in about three months in your new position.
My Qualifications as a Resume Writer
- Credentials (I’m one of fewer than 25 Master Resume Writers globally)
- Experience (I've worked with college students and recent graduates for decades)
- Knowledge (I have a depth of knowledge of the job search process and have developed courses on navigating today’s job market)
- Intelligence (I’m really smart and ask insightful and probing questions to ensure I have the information I need to write great documents for you)
- Relationship (I build outstanding rapport with my clients—I am your partner in this process)
- Results (My clients love working with me! They rave about both the quality of the result and the process)
Don't miss a moment of Lesa Edwards' Exclusive Career Coaching podcasts. This weekly podcast covers all things career management including job search strategies, interviewing tips, networking tools, maximizing LinkedIn, salary negotiations, and managing your mindset around your career.