#056 What Employees Value Most in an Employer
What Employees Value Most in an Employer
What do you value in an employer?
I researched three online sites for this podcast. There are many similarities between these lists.
According to zenefit.com, the top 5 most important things employees look for are:
#1 – Company culture and mission
#2 – Approachable leadership
#3 – Opportunities for growth
#4 – Flexibility
#5 – Recognition
The Balance Careers
According to The Balance Careers, here are the top 7 things employees look for:
#1 – Competitive salary
#2 – Good benefit package
#3 – Flexible schedule
#4 – Opportunity to advance
#5 – Recognition
#6 – Effective management
#7 – Team atmosphere
The third source I used is High-Speed Training. Here are their top 6:
#1 – Fair salaries
#2 – Opportunities for personal development
#3 – Work/life balance
#4 – Recognition and a sense of purpose
#5 – Great company culture
#6 – Perks / benefits
- Sick leave
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Travel compensation
- Continuing education opportunities
What is this information telling us?
Here are my top 6 insights:
- Money isn’t everything.
- Company culture matters. A lot.
- People leave jobs most often because of their boss.
- Millennials don’t just want to know where they are going to start. They want to know where they can go.
- There is a wide range of perks and benefits available out there. Make sure you know the vocabulary and what’s most important to you.
- Recognition is important, and many companies do it poorly.
Interested in a deep dive with me? Register for my next webinar. In addition to great content, you’ll have the opportunity to ask me questions and even get coached by me live! Here’s the link to find out about this month’s topic, date, and time: http://exclusivecareercoaching.com/webinar-sign-up/
Don't miss a moment of Lesa Edwards' Exclusive Career Coaching podcasts. This weekly podcast covers all things career management including job search strategies, interviewing tips, networking tools, maximizing LinkedIn, salary negotiations, and managing your mindset around your career.